Sunday, January 15, 2012

GMO produce

I do find it disturbing that there is a whole industry designed to genetically alter fruits and vegetables. It's not a comfort to know there could be genes of insects or amphibians or something in my produce. Yikes. Here's a link to an article that came to my attention about how to recognize GMO produce in US supermarkets. http://www.kipnews.org/2011/07/14/how-to-i-d-genetically-modified-food-at-the-supermarket/ 

It's getting more and more compelling to buy organic. I'll give my garden another go this spring. It didn't do that well last spring and summer but the idea is that you keep learning, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes I go to blogs, type out a whole comment, and then think that maybe the blogger isn't really so interested in my comment. Well, I AM interested in anything you want to say. Comment away, add to the discussion, or post a *relevant* link even.