Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Natural Oven Cleaner Recipe

A couple of years ago I went to visit a friend for the week-end. She started coughing up blood and I spent several nights in the hospital with her instead. The suspected a terrible lung disease. Later on they figured out she had likely inhaled some of the oven cleaner she had been using!

If it's Passover cleaning or spring cleaning, keep it safer with this cleaning paste. It's worth it to put in the extra effort for your health.

I saw this and just had to share. I really want to keep this recipe in my world. It's from another website with great photos: http://www.yumuniverse.com/2011/01/24/make-your-own-inexpensive-toxin-free-natural-oven-cleaner/http://www.yumuniverse.com/2011/01/24/make-your-own-inexpensive-toxin-free-natural-oven-cleaner/

(There are comments with that post that just a paste of baking soda and water would do the trick and you need to leave the oven cold!)

Let me know if you have other recipes or links to natural cleaning.

To your health!

Love,
Laya

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the advice. Searching Google for tips on generally the best way to clean, in particular ovens, gave me a few decent results like this and it's been a real eye opener putting them in to practice. I'm usually the kinda gal to get in the professional (most recently in our two homes we've had oven cleaner sheffield and oven cleaner solihull come round - I don't mind recommending them if anyone is in the areas), but I've been off work with a broken ankle so I wanted to see what I could do to be useful for poor hubs who's taking the brunt of my frustration :P

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes I go to blogs, type out a whole comment, and then think that maybe the blogger isn't really so interested in my comment. Well, I AM interested in anything you want to say. Comment away, add to the discussion, or post a *relevant* link even.