Thursday, November 17, 2011

Veggie Soufflé

Veggie Soufflé 
is another of my easy, healthy comfort food recipes. 

I couldn't even wait to take a bite, I had to start during the photo session! 


You'll need a food processor to whip this one up in a hurry. It will take longer if you chop by hand but you certainly can do it that way too. 

I never measure on this one. Choose the veggies you love. Here's what's in this version:
1 large carrot
2 medium zucchini
1 red bell pepper
~1/2 cup broccoli florets 
1 medium onion

7 eggs (you could put more)
1/4 cup vegetable oil of your choice
salt to taste (1/2 tsp)
pepper few shakes
cayenne pepper to taste (optional of course)
parsley
oregano (OR dill)
tumeric (just a shake will do)

All the veggies in the food processor, the hard ones first, then the soft ones.
Veggies into a big mixing bowl.
Add the eggs, oil, seasoning and pour into a greased 10" quiche pan (or what ever you have!)

Bake in a medium oven for about 25 minutes until you have some golden color on the top. 

Variations:
You could add cheese to this, or melt cheese on it later.

Choose your veggies according to a color theme.
Here are some ideas or other combinations I've used (onion in them all):
spinich, broccoli, corn
tomato, zucchini, olive
yellow pepper, red pepper, zucchini
mushroom, corn, broccoli



Did I say YUM? Yum!
Love,
Aunt Laya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes I go to blogs, type out a whole comment, and then think that maybe the blogger isn't really so interested in my comment. Well, I AM interested in anything you want to say. Comment away, add to the discussion, or post a *relevant* link even.