Monday, November 7, 2011

Black bean, butternut, and tomato soup recipe


Here’s the newest experiment from my kitchen.
It was a big hit and didn’t last very long at all, I didn't even have time to photograph it, sorry. Maybe I'll add a photo when I make it again.

Black bean, butternut, and tomato soup:
Water to cover all the veggies below
Onion-med, garlic-two cloves (best if sautéed first)
Butternut squash-small (peeled & seeded of course)
Tomatoes-plum are best, any will do (about 3, cut up)
Can of black beans with the liquid

Boil until everything is soft.
Add:
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Lemon (2-3 Tbs.)
Parsley (about 1 Tbs.)
Cumin (two shakes)
Cayenne pepper (to taste)

When all the veggies are soft:
Puree with a hand blender

You could garnish this with a dollop of sour cream or bits of parsley, or even a few pumpkin seeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes I go to blogs, type out a whole comment, and then think that maybe the blogger isn't really so interested in my comment. Well, I AM interested in anything you want to say. Comment away, add to the discussion, or post a *relevant* link even.